Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Chicken Tacos & taco seasoning recipe!

Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of the food before we ate it! I got this recipe from Alisha.

INGREDIENTS:

  • Chicken breasts
  • taco seasoning
  • rice
  • beans (black or pinto)
  • lime juice
  • tortillas
  • Toppings; lettuce, tomatoes, cheese etc.

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Place chicken in crock pot with taco seasoning and little water. Cook on low for 4 hours. Shred chicken.
  2. Cook rice and squeeze in the lime juice.
  3. Stir beans into rice.
  4. Serve on a tortilla with your favorite taco toppings!

TACO SEASONING:
  • 2 Tbsp. Chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
  • 1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
  • 1/2 tsp. Red Pepper flakes
  • 1/2 tsp. Oregano
  • 1 tsp. Paprika
  • 1 tsp. ground Cumin
  • 2 tsp. Salt
  • 2 tsp. Pepper
-Combine seasoning and keep in an air tight container.

*This is Danila's recipe. I gave it a try last night and it was really good! Thanks for sharing your recipes Danila! From now on I won't be buying taco seasoning packets!!

1 comments:

cooking from my pantry said...

I love the taco idea with the beans and rice, I'll give this one a try. I'm so glad you liked the taco seasoning, I had to resort to some store bought (trying to use up food storage before expiration date) and oh how I missed my homemade taco seasoning, it's so much better than store bought.

I'm going to link your recipes to my recipe page, hope that's okay.