Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fried Rice

I got this recipe from my friend Taryn. It is seriously one of our favorites and I make it at least a few times a month! I will never use fried rice seasoning packets again!!

INGREDIENTS:
  • Rice
  • 3 carrots
  • 6 pieces of bacon
  • 3 pieces of ham (thick)
  • 1/2 onion
  • 2 eggs
  • soy sauce
  • salt (optional)
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Prepare rice in the morning and let it sit most of the day, airing it out.
  2. Fry Bacon while dicing the ingredients. Add all other ingredients when bacon is done and continue to saute until the onion & carrots are tender.

3. Stir in the rice and scrambled eggs. Add the soy sauce to taste.
4. Heat through and it is ready to serve!

I make a big batch because we like it so much that we will eat it for a couple days as leftovers. I noticed leftovers are better if you don't air the rice out all day when making it.

TIPS:
I take a few shortcuts to make it quickly. Keep in mind I make a big batch.
  • I make 3 cups rice (uncooked) in the rice cooker.
  • I use a little less than 1/2 pkg. of Turkey Bacon and dice it before frying. I used regular bacon the first time. I went through an entire package and only had very little meat from it after trimming off the fat.
  • I add a package of ham that is already cut to a petite dice.
  • I slice half a small bag of petite carrots.
  • 4 eggs and 1/2 (10 oz) bottle of less sodium Soy Sauce.
It takes me a 1/2 hour tops to make and it is so delish!

0 comments: