Thursday, November 6, 2008

Indian Tacos


INGREDIENTS:

  • Rhodes Texas Dinner Rolls
  • 1 lb. Ground Beef or Turkey
  • 2-3 potatoes (grated)
  • 1 pkt. Taco Seasoning
  • 1 can Refried Beans (Green Chili and Lime)
  • Toppings: lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, avocado, sour cream...
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Thaw the rolls and let rise twice.
  2. Cook meat. When the meat is almost cooked through add the grated potatoes. If cooking Ground Turkey meat spray a little oil on it so the potatoes won't stick. Don't cook on low heat and too long because the potatoes will turn into mush. Stir in the taco seasoning and turn off heat.
  3. Stretch the rolls out and fry them in oil.
* My hubby told me that his Mom would add grated potato to the meat to make it go further. I think it is a brilliant idea! You can't taste a difference and you will be able to make twice as much when adding potato. It really tastes good! My cousin Danila (link is to the side of my blog) has a taco seasoning recipe. I wanted to try it out last night, but I didn't have time because I made tacos at 9:30 at night before Tyson left for work!! Looks like a really good recipe!


* Another TIP: My SIL bakes her taco salad bowls in the oven. You place small glass bowls upside down on a baking sheet and spray them with oil. Lay the tortilla over top. Bake at 350? and take out when they turn a little golden brown. Sorry it has been awhile since I have made them, so I don't remember the exact oven temp and baking time.
These are not my pictures- sorry!

2 comments:

Taryn said...

I love your recipes! Your such an awesome cook!

Torrey said...

Thanks Taryn! You are so sweet. You always say that, but I think you are a way better cook than I am! Everything you make tastes soo good!