Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tuna Casserole

I got this from the Blake Family Recipes (I hope they don't mind me sharing it!). It is Sunny's Mother in law's recipe. I have never made a tuna casserole before and I don't remember having it growing up. This recipe is perfect! It is so yummy and I really like how easy it is to make! I love new recipes and I get so excited to bake them! Weird I know, but I love to cook!


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 package egg noodles
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 1 empty soup can milk
  • 2 cans tuna
  • green onion (added this ingredient because I love green onion!)
  • grated cheddar cheese
  • crushed potato chips

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Boil the egg noodles (I used 16 oz. box of Rotini, spiral noodles).
  2. Mix together soup, milk, sliced green onion and tuna.
  3. Drain the noodles and pour into a 9x13 dish.
  4. Combine the soup mixture and the noodles. Add more milk if needed.
  5. Top with grated cheese and crushed potato chips. Bake @ 350 for 1/2 hour.

TIP: I used what I had in the pantry, so I used Sour Cream and Onion potato chips. It was so good! It went really well with the casserole and seasoned it just right! I may try adding peas or corn to it next time, but I don't know it is pretty dang good the way it is! Thanks for the recipe Blake Family!

0 comments: