Monday, November 10, 2008

Outrageous Chocolate Chip Cookies

My SIL (Alisha) made these cookies for a reunion and she gave me the recipe. I had forgotten about it until I was digging through my recipes and found it!! You really have to try this recipe! It is the ultimate cookie!! Oh and Alisha added nuts and peanut butter chips when she made hers and it was super good!



INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 egg
  • 2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 2 cup semisweet chocolate chips


DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Cream together the butter and sugars until smooth. Stir in the peanut butter, vanilla and egg until well blended.
  3. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the batter just until moistened.
  4. Mix in the oats and chocolate chips. Spoon onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
  5. Bake for 11 minutes, until the edges start to brown. Let cookies cool before you eat them- tastes better cooled!
* IMPORTANT: Make sure you combine the ingredients according to the order of the directions.


Makes 3-4 Dozen Cookies

1 comments:

Sunny said...

I made these the other day and I really liked it. They are peanut buttery but not too much. I really like them.