Friday, January 16, 2009

Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole

This is Campbell's Soup Recipe. The only thing I do different is I add more rice and water because my boys like it so much! I like to make this dish because it is super easy and my boys will eat the vegetables!!


INGREDIENTS:

  • 4 chicken breasts (boneless & skinless)
  • 1 (10 oz.) can Cream of Chicken Soup
  • 1 1/2 cup water
  • 1 cup rice (uncooked)
  • 1/2 tsp. onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper
  • 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
  • 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese

DIRECTIONS:
  1. In a 9x13 dish combine all ingredients except the chicken and cheese. Mix well.
  2. Place the chicken (defrosted) on top of the rice mixture. I season the chicken with black pepper and seasoning salt.
  3. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 50 minutes OR until chicken is cooked through.
  4. When casserole is done, top the chicken with cheddar cheese.

* I like to use canned mixed vegetables in this recipe instead of the frozen because I think it tastes better. I buy the Del Monte brand because the generic turns out mushy. All you will need is 1 (14 oz.) can.

0 comments: