Holy YUMMY!!! This is THE best sweet and sour chicken I have ever had! This is my new favorite dinner. It is perfect! I got the recipe from http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sweet-and-Sour-Chicken-I/Detail.aspx.
I will show you easy steps to make this meal the fastest!!
SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 (8oz) can pineapple chunks, drained (reserve juice)
- 2 green bell pepper
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup distilled White Vinegar
- 2 drops of orange food coloring
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
CHICKEN BATTER INGREDIENTS:
- 8 Chicken Breasts- boneless & skinless (I used 5)
- 2 1/4 cups Self-Rising flour (if using All-Purpose flour, just add an extra 1/2 tsp. Salt & 2 tsp. Baking Powder)
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground White Pepper (I used black)
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups water
- 1 quart of Vegetable Oil (for frying the chicken)
DIRECTIONS:
PREP
This is my favorite kitchen gadget!
All I have to do is put the rice in the
cooker and it cooks it perfectly.
Thanks Mom! :)
Sorry about the picture!
SAUCE:
Next time I make this I am going to use less cornstarch in the sauce because it was really thick for leftovers.
3. When it reaches a boil- turn off the heat and stir in the cornstarch that you just mixed up. Stir until mixture thickens.
*Preheat the Oil until hot*
BATTER:
TIP: Keep sauce separate from chicken. If you combine the 2 together the leftovers will get soggy. I kept the green pepper and pineapple separate too. If Chicken gets soft put in the oven and broil for a few minutes to get the crunchy texture back!
1 comments:
Yum is right! It took me about 40 min to make. I didn't have any food coloring so my sauce was clear. It looks weird like that, but it tasted delicious! Thanks for another keeper.
Post a Comment