Monday, March 12, 2012

Wonton Fill-ups (revisited)


Ya'll remember THIS recipe I posted for the wonton fill-ups? ..... Fill a wonton wrapper with a meat mixture... fry it in oil and serve with salsa. WELL this last time I made them I wanted to try them baked. SO I fried up half of them and the other half I put in a muffin tin. SUCCESS! Much better than getting splattered with oil AND it's a super quick and easy dinner!! bonus.

These babies are gonna taste better fried... that's just the way it is, BUT they still taste great baked. So if you wanna try the healthier version then bake them.

Spray the pan well with oil. Put 2-3 wonton wrappers in each hole. 2 works, but 3 is better. I'm gonna check out the egg roll wraps for next time. I'm sure 1 of those would work the same.

Fill up with the meat mixture.

Fold the wonton wrappers over. Doesn't need to be pretty or sealed shut. Spray the tops with oil.

Bake....

Shoot you guys. I can't remember how long I baked them for! I wanna say around 25 minutes. Just watch them and check for doneness.
I actually ended up putting this batch below back in the oven for longer. Wasn't quite done.

Serve with salsa or green taco sauce.

0 comments: