Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Best. Carrot Cake. Ever.

This cake is amazing! So mouthwatering. :) I don't make it often, but this cake is pretty much my favorite cake. Ever. I got the recipe here, but tweaked it a bit to my liking. It's so moist and flavorful. It's one of my favorites for Easter time..... or anytime really. :)

INGREDIENTS:
  • 4 Eggs
  • 3/4 c. Oil
  • 1/2 c. Applesauce
  • 1 c. Sugar
  • 1 c. Brown Sugar
  • 3 t. Vanilla
  • 2 c. Flour
  • 2 t. Baking Soda
  • 2 t. Baking Powder
  • 1/2 t. Salt
  • 3 t. Cinnamon
  • 1/2 c. Coconut
  • 3 c. Grated carrots
  • 1 c. chopped pecans
DIRECTIONS:
  1. Beat eggs, oil, applesauce and sugar. Stir in Vanilla.
  2. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir into cream mixture.
  3. Stir in carrots and coconut. Fold in pecans.
  4. Bake in 9x13 dish at 350 for 40-50 minutes.
  5. Cool completely before frosting.
FROSTING
  • 1/2 c. Butter, softened
  • 5 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
  • 4 c. Powder Sugar
  • 1 t. Vanilla
  • Pecans
  • Coconut
DIRECTIONS: Beat in blender; butter, cream cheese, pwd. sugar and vanilla. Spread onto cake and sprinkle frosting with coconut and chopped pecans.
*The recipe calls for the whole 8 oz. pkg. of cream cheese, but I'm not a huge fan. So I cut back on the cream cheese, but you may add the whole pkg. if you prefer. Also, I add 1 1/2 c. Cool whip because I like it in my frosting. :)

0 comments: