This sugar cookie recipe is great!! Tasty and they hold their shape really well. The key is to chill the dough for at least an hour and to keep it chilled while cutting out shapes and baking. I like to make the dough the night before baking to chill it in the fridge over night.
INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 c. Butter
- 1 c. Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 t. Vanilla
- 2 1/2 c. Flour
- 1 t. Baking Powder
- 1/2 t. Salt
DIRECTIONS:
- Cream butter & sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking powder & salt. Stir into cream mixture until combined.
- Chill in fridge.
- Roll out and cut shapes. While keeping remaining dough in fridge.
- Bake @ 400 for 6 minutes on ungreased cookie sheet.
*Watch cookies carefully while baking! They only take around 5-6 minutes until done.
Now for the icing.....
I got the recipe from Allrecipes website. I like it because you can't really mess it up. You just add more powder sugar or milk to get the consistency you like. It's perfect for a sugar cookie and so pretty!! I just use a spoon to pour it on and smooth it over. Pour some in a zip lock bag. Cut a small hole to drizzle and decorate your cookies!
INGREDIENTS:
INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- assorted food coloring
I made these once to hand out to neighbors and friends for Valentines Day. I put them on a cute plate with Oreo truffles and Pretzel Kisses!
0 comments:
Post a Comment