Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Grandma Waters Applesauce Cookies


This recipe is a family favorite! Everyone loves these cookies. YUUUUMMY. :) No one can make them just like Grandma does, but this is one great recipe!!

This makes a HUGE batch. I normally half the recipe if I'm not making them for others.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 3 c. Applesauce
  • 3 c. Sugar
  • 1 1/2 c. Shortening
  • 3 eggs
  • 6 c. flour
  • 3 t. baking powder
  • 3 t. Cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 t. Nutmeg
  • 1 1/2 t. gr. Cloves
  • 1 1/2 t. Baking Soda
  • Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices. Set aside.
  2. In the blender cream the sugar and shortening. Beat in the eggs and stir in applesauce.
  3. Stir flour mixture into cream mixture until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
  4. Bake @ 350 for 12 minutes.

* Grandma covers them with a towel when taken out of oven.

*I've also made these using a combo of applesauce & pumpkin puree. YUM.

0 comments: