Saturday, January 28, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies + Reese's or Kiss


So soft and peanutbutterlicious.
My hubs favorite cookie is a good Ol' Classic crisscross peanut butter cookie. So, I made up a batch today for our 6th anniversary. Woot-woot!!

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 3/4 c. Flour
  • 1/2 t. Salt
  • 1 t. Baking Soda
  • 1/2 c. Butter
  • 1/2 c. Sugar
  • 1/2. packed Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 c. Peanut Butter
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 t. Vanilla
  • 2 T. Milk

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
  2. Cream butter, sugars and peanut butter.
  3. Beat in the egg, vanilla and milk.
  4. Chill dough for 1 hour in fridge. I just let it chill over night.
  5. Roll into ball. Make the crisscross mark on top and bake @ 375* for 6-7 minutes. Then cool on rack.
OR you can mix it up a bit....

Just roll up a small ball of chilled dough. Bake and then immediately press FROZEN Reese's cup into the peanut butter cookie. Chill in the fridge if the chocolate melts.

I looooove Reese's, so this is my kind of cookie! YUM.

This one is a cute little treat. A good one for the up coming holiday! Just roll a small ball of chilled dough into sugar. Bake and then top with a Hershey's Chocolate Kiss. Chill in fridge.

2 comments:

Robison6 said...

Has it really been 6 years? Wow, I must be getting old. Justin and I will be married for 14 year in May. Time fly's when you are having fun. All these yummy recipes look so scrummy(yummy+scrumptious)I guess I should blog Idaho Nachos, as staple at this house. We do miss Idaho and those GIANT potatoes. Hugs Jami

Torrey said...

Hey Jami! Time does fly when your having fun!! Thank you. These cookies are scrummy. :) You'll have to try them. They stay soft for days. Sounds good! Love potatoes. Hope you all are doing well! :)