Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mom's Shepherds Pie


I think this pic was with half the potatoes, 1 can cream of mushroom soup and 1 cup milk.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 6 Potatoes (medium sized)
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • Seasoning Salt & Pepper
  • 2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 can Cut Green Beans
  • Shredded Cheddar Cheese (optional)
  • I add a splash of worchestire sauce too, just add to taste!

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Peel and dice potatoes. Boil until tender. Mash.
  2. Brown meat in sauce pan and season with seasoning salt and pepper. Drain off fat. Return to heat. Add soup, milk and green beans. Heat through.
  3. Pour meat mixture into 9x13 dish. Spread mashed potatoes on top. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. OR just broil til cheese is melted.
* We have switched to Ground Turkey Meat and we cannot taste the difference.

*In hurry just top them with Tator Tots instead of the mashed potatoes.

2 comments:

Annette Jones said...

your receipes look real yummy

Cami said...

Try the shepherd's pie with tomato soup instead of cream of mushroom. I like it that way, and that's how I learned from a friend years ago, it's the BOMB!