Monday, October 6, 2008

Pork Chops & Rice


INGREDIENTS:

  • 4 Pork Chops (boneless & thick cut)
  • 1 can Cream of Celery
  • 1 can Chicken & Rice soup
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 1/4 cup minute Rice

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Heat 4 Tbsp. in pan. When oil is hot place thawed Pork Chops on the pan. Let sit on each side about 5 minutes or until golden. (you can sprinkle a little meat tenderizer on the chops)
  2. Pour soups, rice (not cooked) and milk in 9x13 dish. Place the Pork Chops on top of the rice mixture.
  3. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 30-40 minutes or until chops are cooked through.

* I cannot cook regular rice. I have given up on it... it always turns out mushy and crunchy at the same time. I follow the directions and it never turns out. If you know exactly how to cook rice, please let me know how you do it!! Thanks!

2 comments:

Sunny said...

I use mom's rice cooker. It takes about 20 min. My rice cooker didn't work so I guess you have to get the right brand. Mom's is Hitachi chime-o-matic automatic food steamer/rice cooker.

Torrey said...

Yeah, my rice cooker doesn't work well either. I tried it a couple times. I guess I could try again. It would be a lot cheaper than using the minute rice!