Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Boys 5th Birthday cake

Just a Birthday cake idea.
My twins are into Knights and Dragons at the moment. This year for their 5th Birthday my son requested a Knight cake with Oreo's on it. I went down to Toy's R us and got a cool pack of Dragons and Playmobil Knight pack. Took out what I needed and wrapped the rest for presents. BTW- I went to Walmart & Target and they didn't have Dragons. Toys R Us was awesome and I found just what I needed.

The tower was made from a plastic sand castle toy.... I took from our backyard (shhhh). I did wash it though. :) Inside the tower was filled with a stack of "gold coins". I told the boys that the dragon stole the knights gold coins and they needed to "slay" the dragon to find them. They loved it and the fun cake!

Inside is a box of yellow cake mix. I took 2 small bowls of the batter to dye red and orange. Poured half yellow cake on bottom. Drizzled the colors in the middle and plopped the remaining yellow batter on top. Then just cut with a butter knife in a swivel motion up and down the cake. Bake and you'll have some "fire dragon flames".

0 comments: