Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Chewy (Alton Brown's)

Hello perfect chocolate chip cookie.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter (MELTED)
  • 1/4 c. sugar
  • 1 1/4 c. Brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 egg YOLK
  • 2 T. Milk
  • 1 1/2 t. Vanilla
  • 2 1/4 c. BREAD flour
  • 1 t. salt (I use 1/2 t. when using salted butter)
  • 1 t. Baking soda
  • 2 c. Chocolate Chips (I use 1 1/2)

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Combine sugars and butter on med speed.
  2. Add in the eggs, milk and vanilla.
  3. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to cream mixture until thoroughly combined. Fold in Chocolate chips.
  4. CHILL DOUGH with saran wrap pressed against the dough.
  5. Scoop onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets. 6 big cookies per sheet.
  6. Bake @ 375 for 14 minutes.

*Definitely CHILL the dough. The longer it's chilled the better! I chilled the dough overnight.

0 comments: