Sunday, February 5, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

Wow. These are yuuuuummy! I got the recipe HERE. I made a couple small changes to the recipe. My suggestions are at the bottom.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1½ c. + 2T flour
  • 6 T. cocoa pwd.
  • ½ t. baking soda
  • ½ t. salt
  • ¾ stick (6T) Butter
  • ¼ c. + 2T creamy peanut butter
  • ½ c. sugar
  • ½ c. brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 2 T. milk
  • 2 c. frozen Reese's peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped. Save 1/2 c. for top.

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
  2. Cream the butter, peanut butter and sugars in a mixer until fluffy.
  3. Blend in the egg, vanilla and milk until smooth.
  4. On low speed mix in the flour mixture until just combined.
  5. Fold in 1 1/2 c. peanut butter cups.
  6. Roll into ball and press some chopped peanut butter cups on top.
  7. Bake @ 350* for 12-14 minutes. *Took my cookies 8-10 minutes. Do not over bake them! You want to take them out when they are still slightly soft.

*I chilled the dough overnight. I did not add the 1 1/2 c. peanut butter cups to the dough. Instead I added 1/2 c. semi sweet chips and 1/2 c. peanut butter chips. Baked the cookies and then immediately topped them with chopped Rolos and chopped Reese's peanut butter cups. YUM.

0 comments: