Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

This is one tasty cookie! Recipe found HERE.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 c. flour
  • 1 t. baking soda
  • 2 t. cinnamon
  • 3/4 t. ground ginger
  • 1/4 t. ground cloves
  • 1/4 t. nutmeg
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 1 c. butter
  • 1 c. brown sugar
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 t. vanilla
  • 1 c. pumpkin puree
  • 1 1/2 c. oats
  • 1 c. White chocolate chips
  • 1 c. Dried Cranberries

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Combine flour, baking soda, spices and salt. Set aside.
  2. Cream in a mixer the butter and sugars. 3 minutes til fluffy.
  3. Blend in the egg, vanilla and pumpkin puree.
  4. Add in the dry ingredients just until combined.
  5. Stir in the oats, chips and cranberries.
  6. Bake @ 350* for 12-14 minutes. I found mine were done around 10 minutes.


* You may not have this issue, but the dough was very wet. I added in a few extra tablespoons of flour. I also did half white chips and half semi-sweet chips.... because I love chocolate.

* I chilled the dough for an hour.... longer would have been better, but I just couldn't wait any longer! It's great to chill the dough prior to baking for better consistency and it keeps the cookies from spreading when baking. These cookies seemed to brown quickly on the bottom, so I moved them up to a higher rack in the oven.


I used fresh pumpkin puree from my freezer stash. Wanna learn how to puree a pumpkin? HERE is my step by step instructions.

0 comments: