Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Waite's Famous Ice Cream

Recipe from Highland Hills Stake Cookbook
I didn't actually make this recipe in the winter! It's an old pic I found. I made this a few times last summer. It's light and refreshing. I love it!

I use half this recipe because the whole recipe makes 4 quarts! Love this recipe, but the full recipe is a little much for our family.

INGREDIENTS:
  • 6 oranges
  • 3 lemons
  • 1 can evaporated milk
  • 2 c. half & half
  • 3 c. sugar
  • 1 c. heavy cream (no whipped up)
  • Milk
  • Zest from 1 orange and 1 lemon for extra flavor. (optional)

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Cut fruit in half and and juice all fruit. Put through strainer to catch pulp. DO NOT use frozen or store bought juice. It has to be straight from the fruit!
  2. Add canned Milk, sugar and half and half. Stir together then add in heavy cream. Stir and pour into the ice cream canister.
  3. Inside the canister there is a "fill" line. Add milk to the fill line.
  4. Process ice cream per the instructions on your ice cream maker.

0 comments: