LOVE this recipe!! Super easy and one I will make again and again. My kids ate it up too! Just got to add a bit of sour cream on top of theirs because it does have a little spice to it. Perfect amount of spice for my hubs and I. I love a quick and delicious dinner!!
This recipe is the winner of the best casserole dish by LDS Living Magazine. Recipe from GIRLS IN APRONS.
INGREDIENTS:
- 1 lb. chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 16 oz. container sour cream
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups green salsa
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro (plus additional for garnishing)
- 12 soft taco size flour tortillas *I used 6 medium size tortillas
- 1 package (8 oz) shredded Mexican blend cheese
(I used 2 of these cans for the green salsa)
DIRECTIONS:- Mix chicken, sour cream, black beans, salsa, corn, cilantro and spices in a large bowl. Taste and adjust for seasonings to your preference.
- Cut tortillas in half with kitchen shears.
- In a 9x13 dish, scoop 1/3 of the chicken mixture into bottom of pan. One layer of tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese. Repeat 2 more times for a total of 3 layers.
- Bake @ 350* for 20 -25 minutes. Serve with sour cream and additional chopped cilantro.
*I used 2 1/2 cups chicken (9 chicken tenders). I always just buy a huge pack of frozen chicken tenders because I can cook them up faster than a full chicken breast. Also I never have to trim off the fat because there isn't any on the chicken tenders.
*I only used 2 tortillas per layer. I cut them in half with a pizza cutter and fit one on each side of the pan. I must of had the medium size tortillas...
*There are 3 layers total. You will add around 2 cups of meat mixture for each layer. My hubs requested more tortilla, so I'm gonna add another layer of tortilla next time. Otherwise I think it's perfect as it is! ANJOY! :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment